Thursday, March 18, 2010

East Asia - Part 3

Wednesday: Today we had a little time off to go shopping which is a totally different experience to shopping at home. I think it is fair to say some of the team thoroughly enjoyed the cramped market, the shouts of the stall-holders and their grabbing our arms to get us to stop, while others were much less enthusiastic and overwhelmed by the experience. Needless to say we haggled with the vendors and went through the routine of

“Where you from?”

“What you want?”

“I give you best friend price”

“How much you give me?”

“You cannot be serious”,

“You killing me”,

“Give me a little more, just a little more”

“ I not make any money at this price”

“OK, but you not tell anyone I give you this price”

Everyone managed to find something before heading to McDonalds for lunch then back to campus to meet with our new student friends to share more Good News. The response has been amazing! We feel the love and support of everyone back home and can’t wait to be able to share more fully the things we have seen Dad do here.

No comments: